If only the answer were simple but like most financial decisions, the actual answer is dependent on many factors.
So here are some of the questions to consider:
- What are your responsibilities?
- Are you protecting your home and family?
- Do you have others beside your immediate family that rely on you for support?
- If you have named a guardian for your children, what would they need to be able to add your family to theirs?
- What are your current assets and savings?
- And most importantly, what is a comfortable budget?
All these questions can be paralyzing and getting life insurance is so important that making it a complicated decision protects no one. So consider a $2,000,000 term insurance policy for 20 years. A healthy 35 year old male costs about $64/month and a healthy female about $53/month. The cost is affordable and the amount not only goes a long way in protecting your family but protects your future insurability as well.